...Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Most conventional methods of treating I.B.S. involve taking drugs and these drugs are designed to treat the symptoms rather than the cause of I.B.S. When the course of treatment has finished very often the symptoms will re-appear.
Hypnotherapy treats the cause of I.B.S which is very often stress related and once a person has become more calm and relaxed and able to deal with stress more appropriately the symptoms of I.B.S disappear for good.
A lot of research has shown hypnosis treatment has many advantages, which makes it an attractive option for treating many IBS sufferers with chronic and severe symptoms:
- It is one of the most successful treatment approaches for chronic IBS. The response rate to treatment is 80% and better in most published studies to date.
- The treatment often helps individuals who have failed to get improvements with other methods
- It is a uniquely comfortable form of treatment; relaxing, easy and very enjoyable.
- It utilizes the healing power of the person's own mind, and a healthy mind and healthy body go hand in hand.
- The beneficial effects of the treatment last long after the end of the course of treatment. According to research, individuals who improve from hypnosis treatment for IBS can generally look forward to years of reduced bowel symptoms.
Published research: Vickers & Zollman, ‘Hypnosis and relaxation therapies,’BMJ 1999 also Galovski, T.E., and E.B. Balnchard, ‘The treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with hypnotherapy.’ Applied Psychophysiology & Feedback, 1998